Monday, November 27, 2006

New Job

Earlier in a post, I mentioned having an interview with an esteemed university, a university not the one I currently attend. Well last week I was offered said job at university, and I accepted. I meant to blog about it last week, but got busy with the holidays, and the lame class projects I have been burdened with.

Job title will be Systems Manager, and hopefully it will go well. I am a bit apprehensive about it, but honestly felt no choice but to leave the county, lest I be fired for going off on the imbecile co worker, or mouthing off to incompetent leader. However I will miss the comfort of the county life, the coming to work at 8 when I am scheduled for 7:30, getting a day off on moments notice, the 2 hour lunch, the hour long debate over what Kate and Sawyer did on Lost last night.

Over the weekend, when I should be basking in the glow of new employment mixed with turkey leftovers, I felt myself feeling a spot of dread. A revelation came to me... my new job is going to suck as bad as my last job! After pondering for most of this morning, I came to the conclusion that its not just my current place of employ that I don't like, its more the career field I dislike. For 6.5 years I have tended to the computers of others, and I find it to be a trifle bit boring. I feel better about new job now, realizing what has been bothering me for years when it comes to job seeking. Perhaps when I finish my masters I can consider a career change without taking a 30k hit to the pocket book per annum.

No comments: